Google+ Google+

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Experiments Instead of Plans.

I pointed out decades ago formal business plans kill new businesses. 


What do successful startups do instead? 


Rather than say they "experiment" with prospects I use the more common term "selling." 


Successful business start by selling. The best thing to do to start a new business is to sell something to someone. 


Selling is pay as you go market research, and it is much more accurate than a research interview. The question "would you buy this if we had it" and "will you give me a check for this now" are entirely different questions. 


For more see my little book on Amazon "Daring Mighty Things-- The Simplest Way to Start Your First (or Next) New Business." 


Triggered just now when I watched current conventional thinking about business startup: Google "osterwalder's business model canvas planning kills" there are several videos that make the same points.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Google+