Google+ Google+

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Small Business Chambers Everywhere Effort

Today we are launching an effort to help people start new Small Business Chamber groups using Meetup.com's new program. See http://www.meetup.com/Small-Business-Chamber-of-Commerce/

This will be self-organizing. Go ahead, start a group now. I'd suggest you start with a monthly IDEA Cafe, let me know and I'll email you a newcomers guide you can customize for your group, and my thoughts on what makes for a good startup workshop.

Most of my effort for now will be focused on Denver and Colorado, but it is possible that this will spread around the world over the next year.

We'll be trying to help people start Small Business Chamber efforts that will have 3 parts:  1)  A monthly "Big Event", free to exhibitors and freet to those who attend; 2) a monthly or weekly IDEA Cafe startup workshop; and 3) Franklin Circle peer advisory groups.

A few of us are having lunch this Thursday to discuss a Franklin Circle Alpha Group that I'll use as my source of inspiration as we move forward. I'll keep you posted.

Happy New Years!

John

John S. Wren, MBA+
Founder, your new, free Small Business Chamber of Commerce
http://www.johnwren.com/
(303)861-1447

No comments :

Post a Comment

Google+